Liebster is the German word for dearest, other translations mean favourite or beloved. The award is given from one blogger to another, and is a way of saying "dearest blogger" or "favourite blogger". To be nominated for the award you must be a blogger with under 200 followers.
How does the Liebster award work, you may be asking? Well, when you are nominated you need to give 11 random facts about yourself. You are also sent 11 questions to answer by the person that nominated you. You then need to nominate 11 other bloggers and set your own 11 questions for them to answer. You also have to notify your nominee's, that could be a Tweet, Facebook message or comment on their blog.
So here goes, these are the 11 random facts about little ol' me.
1. I am not usually a people person. I usually dislike people upon first meeting them & only warm up later.
2. I am in the 3rd semester of nursing school going for my BSN.
3. After nursing school I want to go on & get either my Midwifery license or my Nurse Practitioner license.
4. I'm always afraid that I won't have enough time left in this life to accomplish all that I want to accomomplish.
5. My mom died when I was 36 & it was the saddest, most life changing thing that has ever happened to me thus far.
6. I LOVE spending time with my children. They are by far the coolest people on this planet, no seriously.
7. I am in a biracial marriage & my hubby & I have been together for 18 years.
8. I have one sister and that is as far as my family tree goes, just me, my mom & my sister. Seriously small tree.
9. I LOVE reading decorating magazines, seriously it's a passion, I salivate over any blog that shows their house & it's all perfectly put together. But my house is a total wreck!
10. In my mind I want to be that perfectly put together person with every hair in place, pefectly done make-up and always in that fabulous outfit. In reality I'm a jeans, t-shirt & flip flop kind of girl & my hair is usually in a ponytail or a bun & I'm usually sans makeup.
11. I'm usually a ball of contradictions. Like I would love to have more followers to this blog, but then I'm also afraid if I get too many then I can't be personal with all of them. Contradiction, that's me in a nutshell.
And here are the questions that I had to answer:
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 things would you bring with you? (Assuming you already had the necessary basics, food, water, clothing & shelter)
I would bring my husband, son, daughter, sister, and a big boat so that we could leave after we got bored. :)
2. What is your favorite movie?
Gosh, I have so many favorite movies. I guess I'd say anything written by Nancy Meyer (Father of the Bride (I & II), Something's Gotta Give, It's Complicated, etc.)
3. Which would you rather experience firsthand? Space exploration or under water exploration?
Well both scare the bejeezus out of me b/c if something goes wrong you can't BREATHE!! But I'd have to say I'd much rather explore space. I'm fascinated with all things space. I want to know who else is out there!!
4. What is a huge fear of yours?
My biggest fear is dying while my children are young. My mom died when I was 36 & I still felt like an orphan. I want to live forever, or at least until my children are old & wrinkly :)
5. Do you have something you love but are embarrassed to say you enjoy it?
Well, in order to be embarrassed you'd have to care what other people think & I usually don't. But, I'd have to say I really love all things pink & girly. I love flowered headbands, girly purses etc., but I don't usually wear them b/c I think I'm too old to pull it off.
6. What is something you love about yourself, non-physical?
That I'm smart. I love the fact that I am an intelligent human being. Now not that I'm joining MENSA or anthing, but that is one thing I love about myself.
7. What is something you love about yourself, physically?
I've always loved my legs. I know some bigger people hate their legs & they never wear shorts, skirts etc., but thankfull I was blessed with good genes in that dept.
8. Pet peeves about people?
Girl, seriously? I could go on & on about this one (see #1 of my random facts, lol). But if I had to narrow it down to my BIGGEST pet peeve it would be when you're talking to someone & they're totally looking around like they're looking for someone better to talk to, instead of giving full attention to what you're saying.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world & money & time weren't an issue, where would you go?
I'd take the whole summer & take all of my family members (remember I only have my sister & her family) & we'd spend the whole summer at Taprobane.
Taprobane Island is a rocky private island with one villa, located just off the southern coast of Sri Lanka opposite the village of Weligama. Private Island 5 en-suite bedrooms, (4 doubles, 1 twin), Infinity Pool, Beautiful rambling tropical garden, 5 staff to look after your every need
10. If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Assuming you don't mean I can eat American food, I'd have to pick Mexican. Not because it's my favorite, but b/c it's easy to prepare. Now if someone else were preparing it for me then I'd say Chinese.
11. Favorite dessert?
Orange Mini Muffins with brown sugar glaze by the Pioneer Woman. F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!!
And now for my nominees:
The Miscellaneous Mom
Life with my Loves
Running Toward Healthy
Progress Not Perfection
Adventures of a PICU Nurse Practitioner
And here are your questions:
1. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
2. If you could push "the button" and instantly receive 10 million dollars but someone in the world would die, would you?
3. Do you prefer movies or music?
4. Whichever is your preference to #4 then what is your favorite movie or favorite type of music?
5. What is your idea of a perfect day?
6. If you could snap your fingers and instantly change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. If you could vacation somewhere & money was no object, where would that be?
9. Would you rather have money or good looks?
10. Do you believe in love at first site?
11. What's better New York or LA?