Friday, January 18, 2013

Another Biggest Loser Blog Hop...

Today I am linking up to another blog hop.  Hey, you can never have too much support right??  I'm linking up to My Pink Scribbles for their Biggest Loser get healthy challenge.  I don't think there are any real rules, it's just a place to go & share with other people who are trying to get healthy. 

 
 
For the first week I guess we're just introducing ourselves & telling what we're "doing" as far as getting healthy is concerened so here goes:
 

Exercise:
 
Currently my daughter & I have been doing this 20 minute work out we found online called HASfit 20 minute low impact aerobic work out.  It's pretty generic, but perfect for my untoned, untrained, out of shape body :)  I'm trying to do this at least every other day.
 
Diet:
 
I am couting calories.  I'm a big believer in calories in/calories out.  If you eat less than your body needs you will lose.  Right now I'm sticking to 1700 calories a day or less.  Of course I subtract any exercise from my total calories & make sure that my net is always 1700 or less.  I am trying to eat healthier as well, with as many of my calories coming from fresh, homemade foods & less processed, pre-packaged foods.
 
Goals:
 
My immediate goal is to lose 20 lbs.  That's when I get a dinner/movie date reward.  My short term goal is to lose 50 lbs. I told hubs that once I lost 50 lbs that we were going to sign up for dance classes.  Fun!! And my long term goal is to lose 100 lbs this year.  I am aiming for 2 lbs a week & so far I am on track.  Today actually equals 1 month that I have made this change & so far I've lost 12 lbs. :)
 
If you're interested in linking up just hop on over to My Pink Scribbles & join in. 
 
Hope to see you there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment