Friday, January 4, 2013

Merry Christmas!!

Well I officially acheived my goal today. I did NOT stuff myself. Like I said yesterday, today we went to my inlaws for Christmas dinner. It was the usual holiday fare: ham, turkey, dressing, potato salad, gravy, cole slaw, you know the usual. So, by the time we go to the house we were all starving since we hadn't eaten anything beforehand (what was I thinking?). BUT even so, I still only had one REGULAR plate of food, and for dessert I had one normal piece of sweet potato pie (I think I prefer pumpkin). Now that was all fine & good until I got home. Mind you I didn't go crazy but I did go a teensy bit overboard. When we got home I proceeded to have 3 mini cherry cheesecakes, a glass & a half of sweet tea, and a bowl of taco soup (left over from last night). I counted NO calories today b/c it's just to hard to calculate that kind of stuff. So no calorie count for today. Maybe before next year's holiday's I need to figure out how to count all this stuff...Still, that's not too bad right? I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Besides that, today is officially one week since I've started my looooong weight loss journey. And I don't mean that in a negative way, I have just come to terms with the fact that this is going to be a long journey. It's going to be full of ups & downs & I am ok with that. I know that I'm not going to be perfect & for me that's a big step. I am a perfectionist. I like things done a certain way at all times & if I want it done then I usually have to do it myself (or so I think). So, just allowing myself the room to mess up is a big deal for me. But I know I can't turn that into allowing myself the freedom to run amok. As I said, I gave myself a day of leeway and as of 11 minutes from now that leeway is over & it's back to the business at hand. LOSING THIS WEIGHT!! I recently ran across a vlog called Aprilslosingit and it reminded me a bit of my own journey. This weight warrior lost 140 lbs with hard work & determination (100 of it in a year) and has since put almost all of it back on. Believe me, I know how discouraging that can be. She vlogs about her journey on youtube & I am looking forward to following along with her. Maybe we can cheer each other on, that would be great don't you think?

Anyhoo, I had a wonderful Christmas and I am glad that the holiday's are officially over so that I can get back to business.

How did everyone else fare over the holidays?? I hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas and I can't wait to get this new year started right!!

Blessings ya'll,

No comments:

Post a Comment