Friday, January 4, 2013

Between December 19-23 (can't remember day)

Ok so far so good, sort of. These last two days have been kind of helter skelter as far as eating goes. Yesterday was pretty good. I thought at first that I had blown it, but when I added up all my calories for the day on my MyFitnessPal app I had actually only consumed 1572 calories! Here's what that entailed:

No breakfast (I didn't get up until noon, hey I'm recuperating from nursing school!!)

Lunch - Baked chicken breast (of which I didn't eat all) & 1 cup of Bear Creek creamy potato soup (YUM!!)
Calories - 391

Dinner - 1/2 serving of Bang Bang shrimp from Bonefish Grill (delish!!) and about 4 bowls of homemade chicken noodle soup & a jack & coke
Calories - 811 (give or take, I didn't add the chicken in here, but since I didn't finish my chicken breast earlier I figured this sort of evens out)

I found a "skinny" version of this that I am definitely going to try to make.

Then since I figured I had blown it for the day anyway (I know that's a terrible way to think) I had a glass of milk & 1/2 cup of Vanilla Spice Eggnog. BUT when I added all of that to my calorie counter guess what? It only came up to 1572 calories!! How exciting is that? I guess it helped that I skipped breakfast, not that I'm recommending that but it helped yesterday.

Then today Eugene & I were out shopping the whole day & here's what I had:

Breakfast - Sausage biscuit from Hardee's with mustard & sugar free Polaner's Strawberrry preserves
Calories - 420

No lunch - Again, not recommending this, it's just that we were out shopping all day & didn't get a chance to stop & eat.

Dinner - Chips/salsa & cheese dip from the mexican restaurant as well as 2 tacos.
Calories - 720

Snack when I got home - Jelly beans
Calories - 300

Total calories for the day 1440. I guess the result will be revealed on Sunday & we'll see how much this crazy eating pattern hurt me. I have decided that Sunday will be my weigh in day since I don't have school on that day.

Now, like I said, this isn't what I'm recommending to anyone, it's just what I've done the past two days & I wanted to share. I also had a diet Sunkist today, as well as a large, sugar free peach Sprite Zero from Sonic. This replaced my normal drink, which is a Route 44 Sweet tea. That is a difference of 355 calories people!! And sometimes I'd have TWO of those in a day. I mean seriously that's almost half of my daily caloric intake in just 2 drinks.

So, so far so good. Things I need to work on: Drinking more water for sure. Some days I don't get any water & on the days I do it's still not enough, so that is definitely something I need to work on & of course exercising, but baby steps right?

Anyhoo, how is everyone else doing with their eating? Christmas is right around the corner but I'm not going to stress about it. It is what it is & it's only one day, so I'm just going to do the best I can.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment