Friday, January 4, 2013

December 19, 2012 (First set of pictures)

So yesterday was my first day of eating 1800 calories (I actually ate 1745 calories).  I weighed in at 283 lbs & I am going to take my measurements today.  I asked my hubby to take some "before" pictures of me & I can't believe I am going to share them, but I am.  You know what's funny?  When I look at those pictures I don't really think I look all that big.  Tiffany & I definitely have that in common.  I've never think I "look" big.  I know I AM big, but in my mind's eye I am smaller than what I actually look like.  When I look at these pictures I think the biggest thing that stands out is my lower stomach.  It is so big and hangs so low.  I'd have to say that that is my most hated part of my body, not that I hate myself by any means, I just hate that part of my stomach.  I am apple shaped & my stomach is where I gain/carry all of my excess weight.  The rest of my body is pretty porportioned.  Needless to say I would NEVER go out of the house showing what I'm showing in these pictures, but if it will encourage someone else, I am willing to do it!! So here goes my first before pics:



283 lbs. and yes I was tempted to suck in for vanities sake, but I refrained! Sizes are 24 for pants & XXXL (some XXL) for shirts.


 
I guess I could have actually smiled, but I felt a little silly taking these pictures in the first place.

Don't know why I can't make this pic the same size as the others!
 
 
Can you see the apple! I sure can.


 
So I started to track my calories using a notebook, but instead I thought I'd come into the 21st century & downloaded the app "MyFitnessPal" to my phone.  I am able to look up foods & just plug them into my daily food diary.  What I like about this better than the old written journal is that if I'm out to eat #1. I know how many calories I have left for the day & I can look the foods up immediately to know what will fit into my daily caloric schedule.  I think that's pretty nifty.  And #2 it tracks my weight & also deducts any exercise from "net" caloric intake & shows my weight loss (when I start to have one) on a cool graph.  All in all I like the app & I don't have to carry around my notebook. 
 
You want to know what I ate yesterday?  Well let me just pull it up on my phone & let you know :)
 
Breakfast:
1/2 c. oatmeal
1 boiled egg
220 calories
 
Lunch:
Beef bologna sandwich w/light Miracle Whip, mustard & pickles
1 pickle
245 calories
 
Dinner:
Beef stroganoff (homemade)
1/4 cup salad (It was all I had left)
1 tbsp Ranch dressing
580 calories
 
Snacks:
1 boiled egg
1/2 c. Vanilla Spice Eggnog
1 container of Great Value mixed tropical fruit
1 cup Frosted mini wheats w/1 cup milk
700 calories
 
Of course the snacks were throughout the day.  I am a big sucker for cereal at night.  I guess I just need to get a lower calorie type of cereal :)  All in all I did pretty good as far as calories were concerened.  Another cool thing about this app is that it breaks down the food into carbs/protein/fat & here was my breakdown for yesterday:
 
49% carbs
37% fat
14% protein
 
I'm thinking maybe I need to round that out a bit, but hey I'm new at this, I'm sure it will get better. 
 
Hope you're having a great day!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment