Friday, January 4, 2013

December 24, 2012

 
Ok I'll admit it, today was pretty rough. It really didn't start out that way. I had a Sonic deluxe burger w/mustard instead of mayo for lunch which was only 195 calories, then I came home from shopping & had a ham sandwich w/a little mayo & about 5 potato chips.




But dinner, whew wee, and we didn't even have a traditional Christmas dinner either, but boy did I feel STUFFED afterwards. Instead of the usual holiday fare our my sister & I decided to do soups. Her hasband made chili & I made taco soup. Now the calories in both of these are actually probably not that bad, they're probably quite good. Buuuuut, you add on the brownies and sweet tea to it & it probably wasn't so good.


I know I could have forgone the brownies, but honestly I just didn't want to. I am giving myself free reign for the next two days, but I did learn something. Tonight after dinner I was so miserable. I was so full and that feeling is so yuck. I have actually been loving the feeling I've had for the last week. It's a feeling of being satisfied but not stuffed. Not miserable. Not bloated. I have to say I like the other feeling better.

Here are some pictures from the party:

I can't wait to compare these to next year's pics!



Normally I would have my sister crop my stomach out, but I knew these would be good "before" pics

Tomorrow we go to my inlaws where there WILL be the traditional fare and though I am looking forward to it, I am going to make a goal to only eat until satisfied, NOT stuffed. I am going to take smaller portions of the things I want & forgo the things I don't want, not eat them just because they're there. I guess my goal for this week is just to maintain my 3 lb weight loss. That shouldn't be too hard seeing as I'm only giving myself 2 free days right?

I guess we'll see next Sunday.

Well, I hope that everyone has a very blessed & Merry Christmas. I am very excited about one special gift my sister gave me tonight and actually I'm thinking a little angel may have put a bug in her ear, because she bought me the book Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron Bure.


Not only is Candace a wonderful Christian role model, but this book is all about living your best, healthy life. I mean seriously, this book came at the perfect time. And the thing is, I hadn't even told my sister that I was embarking on this journey. Just the Lord moving in His mysterious ways. I can't wait to start reading it. I'll think I'll do that on the way to my inlaws tomorrw, that's a good 2 hour drive.

Ok, I'm off to play Santa & try to get some sleep before my baby girl wakes me up at the crack of dawn to open her gifts!!

Merry Chirstmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment