Friday, January 4, 2013

December 18, 2012


Ok, so I didn't actually start my weight loss on that first post day, but tomorrow is today and tomorrow I am going to start. I have been reading a great blog called Project 365 which is so inspiring. Tiffany started out at 352 lbs and in 2 1/2 years she has now lost 180 lbs!! Isn't that amazing! And she did it all through hard work, sacrifice and LOTS of determination. I think that the most inspiring thing about her blog though, is the fact that SHE NEVER GAVE UP!!! Her intention was to lose 100 lbs in a year, but although it didn't work out that way, she never gave up. Most people would have thrown in the towel, but not her, she just kept on trucking & through all her ups & downs she finally did lose the 100 lbs & even more. She is truly inspiring to me.

Here are her before & after pics:


Amazing right!!

So many times we start this process of trying to lose weight & we see a few little victories but then at the first sign of defeat, or the first time that we don't see the results we were hoping for we just give up. It's especially hard when you have ALOT of weight to lose. It just seems like it takes so long and the victories are so small, especially for the amount of work that we have to put into it to see those little victories, that it's so much easier to just say to yourself "You may as well give up, you're not going to make it". But I love her attitude. In one post she was so excited to be under 300 lbs but then a few posts later she was back at 300, but instead of just throwing in the towel she pushed on and now she is down to 172 lbs. I mean seriously, from 352 to 172, that is truly amazing.

So tomorrow is today & I am going to start first thing in the morning with tracking my calories. Now this may not be what you want to do & that is fine, it's just what works for me. I like the control that counting calories gives me. I have gained SO much weight in these past few months & some people might rationalize that it's b/c I've been busy with nursing school, but that's not it. I have been busy drinking my weight in sweet tea, eating crap & not moving a muscle unless I have to. Tomorrow that ends. Like Tiffany I am going to post pics of myself after every 20 lb loss. I know pictures speak 1000 words & they are so inspiring. I am also going to try & set monthly goals, but since this month is halfway gone I think for the rest of this month my goal is just going to be to start & stick to a reduced calorie plan until January. I'm thinking 1800 calories to start out with. I know that seems high but I'm 280 lbs so I'm pretty sure my calorie intake at this point is at least 2,385 calories per day so that will give me -500 calories a day for a deficit of 3500 calories a week which should be 1 lb a week loss, although I know my body, it'll be more than that at first. I'll also try to post what I'm eating.

Ok I guess this post is weigh long enough (yes I know it's spelled incorrectly).

Hope everyone else is having a great week!!






No comments:

Post a Comment