Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 12 Bicycling, new recipe!

Tommorrow is my official weigh in & I can't wait!! As I said before, although I only "technically" count my weight on Sunday, I can't help but get on the scale daily & I have to say I am pretty pleased with what I'm seeing!!  I'm amazed that if you just feed your body less calories it will fall in line & start to lose weight....what a novel concept!! ;)

Still haven't really incorporated daily exercise.  But I have decided that cycling is going to be my exercise of choice.  As I said before, I really don't like running/walking, but I love riding my bike.  And to make it official I have decided that I'm going to start training for my first century (100 mile bike trip).  Actually it's more of a Century & a half.  It's in Tennessee & it's called "Bike to Jack & Back" & it's a ride for MS. 



While I would LOVE to do it this year, I just don't know if that will happen, what with school & all.  But, I did get a confirmation from hubby that when I did decide to do it, whether it be this year or next, that he would do it with me!! Yay!! I love doing stuff like that together.  Of course since we're newby riders we definitely need to get some more info on the bikes/rides/training etc. 

Finally, here is what we had for dinner tonight
 
 
 
This is my version of Katie's "Chicken and Noodles"  and I have to admit, it is DELICIOUS!! And SO super easy to make (which makes it even better in my book!!).  This is definitely going to become a staple around here!  I tweeked it a tiny bit.  Instead of egg noodles I used fettucine, just b/c it's what I had on hand.  Also, I used a 16 oz. bag of veggies instead of a 10 oz bag & I added a little seasoning salt.  I also found that although her recipe says it serves six 1 1/3 cup servings, I found that mine only made five 1 1/4 cup servings.  But still, SOOO Yuuuummmmmyyyyy!!! 
 
And now for yesterday's food log:
 
Breakfast:
 
1 Egg omelet (1 egg, 1/2 Roma tomato, 1 piece 97% FF cooked ham, about a T. of chopped onion)
1 English muffin
1 T. Light Mayo
 
Calories 283
 
Lunch:
 
English Muffin Pizza (see recipe in recipe section)
Small salad w/just lettuce & onions & some light ranch & taco sauce
 
Calories 274
 
Dinner:
 
Tuna Salad
 
Calories 460
 
Snacks:
 
1/2 of a 20 oz. French Vanilla Cappucino
1 1/2 KFC chocolate chip cookies (seriously they are my weakness, they are SO good!!)
1 SF Cherry Jello
1 Cutie
 
6 cups of water
 
Total calories 1491
 
What about you guys? Have you tried any new recipes lately??


3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Biking is a great activity! One of my friends lost a bunch of weight by bike riding! Whatever to get you moving!

    We have one of those races here called MS 150, from Houston to Austin. There is no shame in setting a goal for next year! Next year I want to do a sprint triathlon they hold in my area every year...I know there is no way I will be ready in 4 months to do it this year. Better to take longer and properly prepare for it! Those aren't events you can just show up to and do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this is a MS 150 as well. And you're right, both this event & a triathlon are things that take time to prepare for. While the ride isn't until October, I have school full time & I just don't think I'll be able to train properly this year, but it's on my radar!! Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow (even if you already know how you've done :)
    FogDog Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete